Re: Oracle Library Cache

From: Mark Bobak <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 20:31:37 +0000

Hi Matt,

My first thought would be, why were you compelled to look at that section of the AWR report? Do you have a performance problem? If so, what performance indicators pointed you in the direction of library cache hit ratios?

In general, looking at hit ratios in isolation is probably not a valid tuning strategy.

And no, I must admit, I don¹t know what ŒSQL AREA STATS¹ or ŒSQL AREA BUILD¹ means, in this context.

-Mark