Re: Strange Memory Information on AWR

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 09:30:24 -0500

Its beginning to look like Karl Arao nailed it, I think the problem is that they have a scheduled job that has a completely different load profile than the rest of the day, and that requires a dramatically larger pga. Since we allocated large pages for the sga, there is not enough memory for the increasing pga (going from 6g to 20g) so the system is swapping, but for some reason it doesnt show as pga overallocation. I need to figure out why, but I am pretty sure I have identified the problem.

--
Andrew W. Kerber