Re: Oracle Licensing on VMware

From: Paresh Yadav <yparesh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 15:04:54 -0400

Thanks Jeremy and Hans.
It is sad to see Oracle killing their own business. One of the mid size organization that I know of moved from Oracle to Postgres (with curtailed business functionality) as Oracle out priced themselves even after negotiations and steep discounts (I believe licensing of Dev/Test environments is what killed the deal) . I guess overall Oracle makes more money with this strategy so loosing few small customers hardly matters to them.

Thanks
Paresh
416-688-1003