Server Admin Privileges

From: Backseat DBA <backseatdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 17:25:07 -0700

We run Windows Server 2008 and we recently set up Database Vault and Encryption (for Production and not Test/Dev) but because we are kind of a small shop and in order to make sure I don't disable DV and encryption copy off the wallet file, I had to loose my Admin privileges on the box. Is anybody else in this same situation? Do you not have Admin privileges to the server, is it normal? I find it annoying to have to ask the server admins for help with changing the backup schedules or delete log files.