RE: Issue with host credentials in OEM 11g Database Control

From: Lisa Dobson <lj_dobson_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 21:57:07 +0100

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help shed some light on an issue that has me completely puzzled.

Environment:

Enterprise Manager Database Control 11g

Oracle database 11.2.0.2 (Enterprise Edition)

RHEL5   I attempted to schedule an ad-hoc backup via OEM today. This is something I've done many, many times before without any issues at all.

However, the 'oracle' user password was changed recently on our Linux boxes and we're now hitting a problem when needing to specify host credentials on the schedule backup page in OEM. This is happening on multiple servers, all set up as above.

If I specify the current password when asked for host credentials it errors out with: 'Error
<https://fig.dur.ac.uk:1158/em/console/database/rec/backup?event=start&targe t=rem7dev.dur.ac.uk&type=oracle_database> - Connection to host as user oracle failed.ERROR: Invalid username and/or password'

If I specify the old previous password then I am able to proceed and the backup runs.

There are currently no preferred credentials set within the preferences section of OEM.

If I try to set preferred credentials with username oracle and the current password it errors out.

I've raised an SR with MOS and they are currently working on it, but no luck so far. They asked for an upload of target.xml file but that doesn't appear to me to indicate any stored config for host username/password.

Oracle haven't got back to me yet since I uploaded the file so I can include here if anyone wants to double check.

I need to understand why OEM thinks the old oracle user password is still valid and is not recognising the new one - how is it authenticating and how can I change this?

I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but can't for the life of me think of what it is. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lisa.