Re: 12c agent problem

From: Maaz Anjum <maazanjum_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 07:22:00 -0400

Andrew,
As David mentioned, you will need to remove the target from OEM. However, in the 12c the way to remove this is a little different. You need to use the emcli utility (preferrable from the OMS server itself). Kellyn Pot'Vin wrote an excellent article on how to remove targets from OEM here<http://dbakevlar.com/2013/08/three-methods-supported-and-not-suppored-to-remove-targets-in-em12c/> .

Your steps should be:
1. stop agent from your host
2. uninstall agent binaries, command below

   $/opt/oracle/AG12102/core/12.1.0.2.0/perl/bin/perl /opt/oracle/AG12102/core/12.1.0.2.0/sysman/install/AgentDeinstall.pl -agentHome /opt/oracle/AG12102/core/12.1.0.2.0 3. Remove entries from your inventory.xml file (manually) if the uninstall doesn't remove the previous corrupted ones. If you'd like, you can send me the file and I can edit it for you.
4. delete the target by following steps from above 5. re-deploy agent

That should do it. Let me know how it works out.

Cheers,
Maaz

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 2:31 PM, David Barbour <david.barbour1_at_gmail.com>wrote:

> Andrew,
> I don't have any experience with 12c Grid Control, but with 11g at least,
> I've run into a similar situation and had to delete the agent from the grid
> repository database.
>
> select target_name from sysman.mgmt_targets where target_type=’oracle_emd’;
>
> If an agent shows up for that server, delete it with
>
> exec mgmt_admin.cleanup_agent(‘<host>:<port>′);
>

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > I have run into a problem with the 12c agent. Something happened with
> the
> > file system, and most of the agent directories have been corrupted. I
> > installed a new agent, but when it went in it showed as blocked.
> > I went through and removed the entire target from grid control, then
> > unblocked the agent. However, the newly installed agent doesnt show up
> > under configure auto discovery.
> >
> > So, what I need to do (I think) is remove the record of the old agent
> from
> > the oracle inventory, and force the new agent to show up under auto
> > discovery.. Does anyone have any idea how to do that? the old agent
> > installation directories are gone, but the information is still in the
> > inventory. I need to figure out how to clean it out of the inventory, and
> > also force the new agent to show under auto discovery.
> >
> > --
> > Andrew W. Kerber
> >
> > 'If at first you dont succeed, dont take up skydiving.'
> >

> > --

A life yet to be lived...