10g RAC Services issue

From: Bala Krishna <krishna000_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 17:53:15 +0530

Hi All,
We've all together a peculiar issue that our configured services in a 12 node RAC will not behave as expected in one of the node.

This issue appears only when we bounce the DB for backup etc.

Users get ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor errors when they try to connect.

My observation:- Upon my investigation i could see that services are already up and running during the start of the DB. looks like they're not shuttding down but not sure if this affects much but this behaviour is there for only service and rest of the servies are up and running with out any issues.

Configuration looks pretty much fine.

and the solution that we've follwed is to bounce the remote_listener parameters by nullfying that and resetting back to its old value.

Regards
Bala