Re: RMAN restore/recover problem

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 14:54:40 -0300

you might get around that with a recover database using backup controlfile. I've not used that in a long time (ever since I had to restore a database without the correct controlfile and learned to check the controlfiles are being backed up properly). It's a sqlplus command, not rman if I recall. you can usually use it with recover database using backup controlfile until cancel, and it will ask for each controlfile. You may be able to specify a sequence range, but I'm not sure, again, it's been a while.
hth

Alan.-