Re: RMAN restore/recover problem

From: Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 17:13:21 +0100

Hi Jo,

On 28/08/13 17:03, Jo Holvoet wrote:
> the current incarnation dates from 2011. So, no recent resetlogs.
:-(

> As I replied to Alan, I think the cause may be that I don't have a
> sufficiently "old" controlfile to work with ...--
Yes, I saw that reply. Time to slap a Unix guy by the sound of things. ;-)

At the risk of poking you with a sharp stick, does your company/DBAs practice recoveries?

Andrew mentioned recreating the controlfile from a trace, and trying to recover again. I've never done that, but if your backup data is in the controlfile, you'll need to re-catalogue all the backups again. :-(

I think you said you were using a catalog[ue] so you should be ok with that.

Good luck, and please, let me know how it went, I'm interested. Thanks. (If you get time that is.)

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar