Partition Exchange Newbie Question

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 11:37:11 -0500

I want to test a partition exchange as an alternative method of doing some work in the database.

I was thinking about loading a global temporary table with the data and then doing the exchange however I'm curious about the following:

Let's say that Primary Partitioned Table is like this:

Table_Name, Partition_Name, Values

TABLEA......Values1.........Values < 10000

TABLEA......Values2.........Values < 20000

TABLEA......Values3.........Values < 30000

Now, if I load my TEMP table with **all** values, can I do a partition exchange and have the values automatically go into the correct partitions of the main partitioned table

**OR**

Do we have to load the temp table with each set of values and do the partition exchange one set of values at a time?

I hope that question is clear enough, if not I can try to put together a more detailed example of what I'm trying to ask.

Regards,

*Chris D. Taylor*