Re: Partition Exchange Newbie Question

From: Mihajlo Tekic <mihajlo.tekic_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 12:38:48 -0500

If I understand correctly you are planning to exchange a partition with a global temporary table.I'm afraid such an attempt would fail with "ORA-14132: table cannot be used in EXCHANGE" SQL> host oerr ora 14132
14132, 00000, "table cannot be used in EXCHANGE" // *Cause: An attempt was made to issue an ALTER TABLE EXCHANGE PARTITION | // SUBPARTITION command, but the non-partitioned table cannot be used
//          in the EXCHANGE because one or more of the following apply:
//          - it is a typed table
//          - it is a temporary table <===============
//          - it contains ADT columns
//          - it contains nested-table columns
//          - it contains REF columns
//          - it contains array columns
//          - it is an index-organized table
//          - it contains LOB columns
//          - it is a nested table
//          - it is created with row dependency and the partitioned table
is not
//          - it is created without row dependency and the partitioned
table is
// *Action: Make sure the non-partitioned table does not violate any // of the above restrictions for the ALTER TABLE EXCHANGE PARTITION |
// SUBPARTITION command.

~Mihajlo