Re: Post patches after 11.2.0.3 ugprade

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 19:53:22 +1000

On 27/06/2013 4:31 AM, Kumar Madduri wrote:
> What is the general procedure that is followed by you guys in general
>
> (a) Do take the additional patches after taking PSU6 eventhough you dont
> encounter any issues listed in 1348336.1
> or
> (b) Do you stop after applying PSU6 and release to users for testing. As
> part of testing, if users find issues,do you apply these patches if
> required at that time. The concern here is if we apply patches without
> encountering issues , it may introduce new issues

b) here. And I stop applying PSUs unless they fix something dangerous, like db corruptions.
One warning: once you install base 11.2.0.3.0, you need to upgrade the OPatch directory with a new release of opatch before you can upgrade to 11.2.0.3.n.
I've noted here before which patch it is, perhaps a search will uncover it. Otherwise let me know via email and I'll get you the patch number to upgrade opatch itself.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto