Re: 12c appears to be available on https://edelivery.oracle.com

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 20:33:00 -0600

This is a logical extension to Database Services.

Problem is DB Services can really only exist in one database, even if they can be available through many instances (RAC).

With Global Data Service, and it's management tool, Oracle is attempting to provide central service support. As a very simplistic example of how this will work:

  • now your service is in this instance,
  • now it's transferred to that standby,
  • now it's back on the original instance but real-time load-balanced with the instance over in Shanghai.

At least that's the theory. Can't wait to get my hands on it in a real production situation, outside of the lab. /Hans