Re: How to find out when an Oracle table was updated the last time in Oracle 8i?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 17:10:00 +0100

That's a nice idea. It does have a couple of caveats though. First, the information is only flushed every few (I think 3) hours so it will only be an approximate measure, and second dba_tab_modifications includes transactions that rolled back. I imagine that actually what the original poster requires is auditing.

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 3:56 PM, David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_yahoo.com>wrote:

> If tables are monitored (which is available in 8i) you can also query
> DBA_TAB_MODIFICATIONS:
>
> set linesize 150
>
> select table_owner, table_name, partition_name, subpartition_name,
> to_char(timestamp, 'DD-MM-YYYY HH24:MI:SS') last_mod
> from dba_tab_modifications
> order by 3;
>
> You can give this a try.
>
> David Fitzjarrell