Re: Function based nvl index

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 13:31:05 +0100

How many nulls do you have as a percentage of the table, and does Oracle make a good estimate for this figure? Do you have any histograms in the column, as I expect you have 2 popular values and very little else? Formatted output from dbms_xlpan.display_cursor with plan execution stats would be extremely useful