RE: Index Efficiency

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 00:19:01 -0400

I don't see the graph, but I do have a suggestion.

Now I don't know whether "completed" or "declined" is a more popular value, but let's say most things end up "completed."

If your applications can manage interpreting NULL as completed, then you can probably permanently and dramatically shrink the size of your index by using the value NULL instead of 1 for completed.

This seems to match your brief description of your use case below. Your mileage may vary.

mwf