Re: Eclipse for SQL development in place of Toad

From: Thomas Kellerer <thomas.kellerer_at_mgm-tp.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 14:39:18 +0200

Norman Dunbar, 16.04.2013 14:29:
> I have to admit, as a long time Toad user, that I almost never use the
> formatter. Maybe I just write decently formatted code all the time, or I
> don't need to work on other people's code perhaps, but I find code
> formatters more trouble than they are worth.

I agree ;)

The reason I added it to my own tool was when I had to look at SQL statements from (application) logfiles. They are usually just one long string and very hard to read. Quickly applying some basic rules (line breaks etc), helps tremendously.

That's also the reason it's not very sophisticated. It's just "good enough".