Re: Eclipse for SQL development in place of Toad

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 12:53:57 -0600

On 15/04/2013 10:44 AM, Lukas Lehner wrote: as you realize
> Does anybody use Eclipse for SQL (Oracle) development? I love Open
> Source, but use at the moment Toad.

I know you don't want to go to SQL Developer, although that is somewhat baffling to me since you license it together with your database.

I would consider it simply because it is free, understands the idiosyncrasies of various Oracle versions, and has built-in explain plan and pl/sql debug capabilities.

But the best open source counterparts seems to be tora.sourceforge.net

/Hans