Re: Unwanted SQL Developer inverse connection storming

From: Martijn Bos <maboc_at_maboc.nl>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 10:20:30 +0200

List,

Just that you know: the somewhat older sqldeveloper installations don't check.

I tested this on my somewhat old SqlDeveloper (3.0.04). I told wireshark only to display connections on tcp.dstport==1521 and started sqldeveloper Result : No connections checked while starting up.

Then downloaded 3.2.20.09 and did the same. Result : connections are indeed checked

Finally I did as Jeff suggested elsewhere in this thread : Added "AddVMOption -Dsqldev.tnsping=false" to the sqldeveloper.conf Then again started sqldeveloper.
Result : No connections checked while starting up

Best Regards,
Martijn