Re: Unwanted SQL Developer inverse connection storming

From: Wayne Smith <wts_at_maine.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 17:45:14 -0400

The attitude of jeff.d.smith_at_oracle.com has the same tone as the feature, IMHO. :-(
While I don't buy a significant performance hit, the multitude of security implications make this feature a bad idea, or an interesting idea with a very bad implementation. There may be times when I would want to invoke such a function, but I cannot imagine wanting it to run silently on startup or any other time. If I have multiple clients (I do), I'd be horrified to find out about this feature, especially from a client!

Cheers, Wayne