Re: Unwanted SQL Developer inverse connection storming

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 08:32:19 -0600

On 09/04/2013 8:08 AM, Jeff Smith wrote:
> I guess that's where we disagree. If you don't like the feature, then
> ignore it. It's not doing any harm.

Some more clarifications please:

Is this only for the currently active connection(s)? Or for ALL configured connections?

  • If the latter, what happens to a DBA or Developer responsible for 50+ connections? (it does happen: SYS + SYSTEM + App + user + admin * 10 instances ...) Is it staggered? Is it smart enough to ignore multiple requests to same target?

Is it only once per session, or periodically repeated? - if repeated, what interval?

Need clarification because in some customer/contractor environments that encourage BYOD, I may be trying to access non-local systems, inadvertently violating customer policy.

/Hans