parallel environments

From: Orlando L <oralrnr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 16:18:24 -0500

List
In my current place we are building test environments that are very dissimilar to production environments. for eg, if production is clustered, test is non rac; also there are test environments that do not match in the cpu, memory, IO, etc. (I have seen this before, though). We are also mixing production with test environments, as in build a 3 node cluster with one of them being 'test'. This is confusing to me. I have seen people cut corners when it comes to test/dev environments, but how much of cutting goes on in other places?

orlando.