Re: wow lots of changes in sgastat in 11.2 versus 11.1

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist2_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 14:07:43 -0500 (CDT)

John writes:

> No one at least on medium sized systems should
> be absolutely petrified of a flush of the shared pool

Unless a "medium" sized system included Oracle 10.1.0.5 with dynamic SGA sizing and a 3rd party app that didn't use bind variables. Stats collection that invalidated dependent cursors afterwards (the default) would effectively hang the instance for a few minutes. I would suspect that a flush would also have some similar negative affect.

Rich