AWR report ... what does W/A MB processed represent?

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 09:44:09 -0700 (PDT)

Can anyone point to or give an explanation of what this AWR report statistic means and/or where it comes from please?

We just moved an OLTP database from 11.1 to 11.2 and my numbers in that statistic have decreased dramatically ( down to 1 MB per second ).

Parses per second also dropped dramatically.

The change in the database server ( 11.2.0.3.4 from 11.1.0.7.12 ) also has additional memory in the SGA and PGA. This change was made in conjunction with an application server upgrade ( went from 10.2.0.4 client to 11.2.0.3 client ).

The changes are all extremely positive just trying to sort out why so much better!