RE: Semi-OT: Vi Question/Need

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 04:52:29 -0400

Right. so cut comes out of the box with pretty much all flavors of UNIX, including the plagiarized ones. You can get it on windows by installing waterloo or cygwin, or pretty much any windows compatible unix-like toolset.

Vim can be added (or is present by default) to various flavors of UNIX and windows and fruit based human interfaces, which seems is the case for William.

Youse guys don't really disagree, you're just talking past each other. I'm not sure what default utility there is on windows to do the described functionality. But you can have either cut or Vim pretty easily (but neither automatically on all the things that pass for operating systems these days unless some corporate install group supplied it.)

mwf