RE: ASM rebalance question

From: John Hallas <John.Hallas_at_morrisonsplc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 08:11:50 +0000

I would certainly try and increase the power level until it is noticeably hitting performance - you may well be able to get it up to 7 without any impact. Andy, interesting point about the undo being necessary if you cancel. I have never tested this but I thought that most of the changes would apply and it would only 'put back' block changes that were in flight as there is no requirement or necessity to move all blocks back to where they were originally.

There again logic tells me that if you add a disk to a diskgroup and rebalance at the same time then if you kill the command then the newe disk would not have any data in at the end of the activity.

John
www.jhdba.wordpress.com