RE: New architecture using Clusterware

From: Chris King <ckaj111_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 09:45:53 -0800 (PST)

I've been following this thread with great interest, as I am also now looking for the best way to set up our next environment, which is also not a true 24x7, but does need an HA solution. Presently we're also using VCS. Here is a list of options mentioned so far in this thread.
1. Veritas Cluster Server
2. Linux and Oracle Clusterware (Grid + ASM), but not RAC
3. Linux and Oracle Clusterware with OCFS2 instead of ASM
3. HP ServiceGuard with active/passive clusters
4. RAC One Node
5. Oracle Virtual Machines (OVM)

Are there any other options or third party solutions worthy of consideration? Has anyone run Oracle on VMware vSphere? PolyServe Matrix? Or used remote mirroring solutions?