RE: Strange error when resizing MEMORY_TARGET

From: CRISLER, JON A <JC1706_at_att.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 22:17:12 +0000

I don't work on Solaris that much, but on Linux this would be mapped against /dev/shm- if /dev/shm was only set to less than 20gb you would run into odd errors. Also, are you trying to mix hugepages and ASMM together? Perhaps there is a limit and its not allowing enough hugepages to be allocated. In linux you cannot mix hugepages and /dev/shm together but I think you can in Solaris.