RE: Format for monitoring generic alert log messages in 12c

From: Jorgensen, Finn <Finn.Jorgensen_at_constellation.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 09:26:41 -0500

Correct. Just change the warning or critical threshold for the Alert Log->Generic Alert Log Error metric to be ORA-04031 or to CYA you could use " .*ORA-04031".

To test you can do what Niall suggests below or simply edit the alert log, copy a timestamp from a previous line, modify it to be current timestamp and then insert a ORA-04031 line below it.

Thanks,
Finn