Num of Partitions with Subpartitions - quick newbie question

From: <Christopher.Taylor2_at_parallon.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 08:59:47 -0600

We're experimenting with partitioning a table into many partitions with many subpartitions because of the way we process by Organization IDs and Secure Profiles - related to parallel application server processing. Is there a MAXIMUM (or recommended value to keep under) for number of partitions and/or subpartitions?

This table (if design works) would have approximately 8000 subpartitions and 1/4 of that in partitions I think. (I don't have the numbers off the top of my head)

Regards,

Chris Taylor
Oracle DBA
Parallon IT&S