Re: Connecting to a RAC instance using JDBC:thin driver

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 07:37:23 +0000

Which database and jdbc version? I believe that with recent releases of jdbc drivers you can use scanname:port:servicename in your jdbc connect string. There's an interoperability table in (I think) the 11.2 docs on scan configuration. On the other hand it sounds like the rationale for RAC may be a bit off. In general RAC isn't an HA but a scalability solution (because you only have the one database), arguably RAC systems suffer *more* downtime than single server systems due primarily to the increased complexity of the setup.