Re: RMAN Duplicate DB between servers

From: Oscar Ofiana <oj.ofiana_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 12:04:52 +0800

Hi Steve,
Have you tried the steps in this metalink doc: How to Configure RMAN to Write to Shared Drives on Windows NT/2000/2003 [ID 145843.1] ?

I know the article title states it's for writing to shared drives, and the error you're encountering is from reading, but I seem to recall a similar instance where this happened to me and I followed the same steps to get it working.

As far as your second question, I've been wondering about that myself as well :) From my experience on trying this on Unix based systems, it doesn't seem to be consistent. Sometimes it makes a difference (faster) and sometimes it averages the same amount of time if I were to manually copy and restore the files myself.

HTH,
OJ