Re: alarming experience with controlfile autobackup on

From: Sigrid Keydana <keydana_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 10:28:24 +0100

Jared,

sorry I was not clear.
In step 2, a tablespace was either dropped or added. So the steps were:

step 1: do backup of database. This database consists of all "default tablespaces" plus one user-generated one, which has one datafile only. Backup is done filesperset 1, so there is one separate backupset for this tablespace.

step 2: drop this tablespace

step 3: wait till autobackup has been created

step 4: do a report obsolete. Not only the controlfile from the backup in step 1 will be reported obsolete, but the single backupset containing the now-removed tablespace, too.

step 5: delete all

And now when doing incomplete recovery until before step 2, the tablespace wdid not exist in the restored & recovered database.

Does this make it clear, or should I perform the steps again and post the logs?

Ciao
Sigrid

  • Original-Nachricht --------