SP returns: ORA-08103: object no longer exists (10.2.0.4)

From: Anthony Ballo <anthony.ballo_at_onecall.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 13:37:05 -0700

I have a rather simple Stored Procedure that accepts a Product ID and returns a Ref Cursor using a SELECT statement. No Global Temporary Tables involved.

Often, I will receive an error: 'ORA-08103: object no longer exists' via email: 'Error calling PRODUCTS.NEWDATA for Product: 113667'. Each time, a different Product ID is noted. Only one error is ever seen.

When I run manually via Toad for that Product ID (113667) - everything runs fine. The SP is most likely called from a .NET process that I don't have any visibility to.

Any ideas?

Anthony