Re: Any Timeout for Compilation of Invalid Objects

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 10:32:56 -0500

I'll throw these out there...I'm probably wrong ;) sqlnet.outbound_connect_timeout

Time in seconds after which a connection attempt will be timed out. After timeout, the client will try to connect to the next host on the ADDRESS_LIST. This facilitates quick fail-over in case a system/node is down. This parameter should typically be set to +- 3 seconds. If not set, the client connection will block for the default TCP connect timeout duration.
[edit<http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sqlnet.ora&action=edit&section=12> ]tcp.connect_timeout

In 11.1 and above this parameter sets the timeout for establishing a TCP connection.