OEM Repository ; Collection time for Management Repository Views

From: Sukumar Kurup <sukuora_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 11:55:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am trying to use Management Repository Views from the OEM repository database. In particular, extract TABLESPACE_SIZE, TABLESPACE_USED_SIZE from SYSMAN.MGMT$DB_TABLESPACES view and compare them against a table having thresholds (warn & page) for each database target in OEM, and generate alarms if the TABLESPACE_USED_SIZE  is more than the thresholds.

The problem is with collection timestamp. It does not happen daily , and hence SYSMAN.MGMT$DB_TABLESPACES does not have the latest data.

I opened a SR with Oracle support, but no help so far.

Can anyone please clarify :

1. When does the collection happen? Is it configurable ?  I see a wide range, spread across a week or so. 2. How can we force  collection for all databases at a specific time, before I run the report against the MGMT$DB_TABLESPACES view ?

Thanks,

Sukumar