Re: Restricting VPD from SYS

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 13:18:37 -0600

Deepak,

Short answer: No.

Your problem is not with VPD, but with whoever is connecting to the database as SYS. Nobody should be logging into SYS (or connecting "AS SYSDBA") except to perform installation, upgrade, patching, etc.

I strongly suggest immediately changing the passwords for all SYSDBA database accounts as well as the OS account owning the Oracle installation, and lock them out. Then, create non-SYSDBA and non-DBA accounts for them to use instead.

Good luck!

-Tim