Re: oracle-l Digest V9 #240

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 17:03:30 -0300

Not quite.

The feature is called Enterprise User Security. If you look at the Licensing doc in the doc set, you will note that a specific subset of EUS - using password authentication - does not require Advaned Security Option. You do, however, need to license Oracle Internet Directory.

The actual implementation is described reasonably well in the Enterprise User Security document
(http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/network.112/e10744/toc.htm for 11gR2) and in Oracle's Dbatabase Security course.

I'll be talking about that at UKOUG

/Hans