RE: Oracle ERP application tier on T3 server

From: CRISLER, JON A <JC1706_at_att.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 03:21:44 +0000

I have not had any major issues with T2 or T3 servers, except if you are doing something that requires a lot of floating point operations, such as gzip, compression or massive encryption. I am not positive on the T3 but the T2 sacrifices floating point chip real-estate for other capabilities. Running a database on a T1 or T2 server, then doing RMAN backups with compression is an example where it got really slow-turning the compression off resulted in dramatic speed gains. Based on your description, I would tend to look elsewhere for the cause unless you can find some processing making heavy use of floating point operations.