Re: MOS SR escalation?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 10:09:49 +0100

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 2:13 AM, Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>wrote:
> SR Escalation can be done in one of two ways:
> 1) Update the SR asking for escalation (I find this rather violent, but
> it's the way Oracle wants it)

2) Call Oracle Support and ask for escalation (have your SR number ready).
> hth

Updating the SR asking for escalation is *absolutely not* the way Oracle support wants us to escalate. There's a rather old (and somewhat strident) blog on this at
https://blogs.oracle.com/Support/entry/support_escalation_processagai The escalation process is also described in the "Working Effectively with Support" webcast which runs IIRC monthly. There's also unsurprisingly a document on the process on MOS itself "How To Escalate a Service Request (SR) with Oracle Support Services [ID 199389.1] ". Phoning is the way to go.

Its also rather important *not* to confuse escalation with *severity *changes which should be dealt with through the normal contact mechanisms. Incidentally the escalation process is part of Oracle's pre-sales pitch to purchasing managers, usually this never gets communicated to the people who actually need to escalate.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA