RE: Monitoring Hosts in Cloud Control 12C

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 09:37:12 -0700

Thanks, for the help. I know how difficult it can be when you don't have a system handy.

FYI, there is no host management pack. Also in previous releases you did not have to have either the database diagnostics nor the tuning pack to see the time-period host performance graphs nor to schedule host blackouts.

However, your idea about listing the management pack for a page a very food one. Would someone do the following in a 12C environment

targets ---> hosts ---> <choose a database host> ---> host ---> monitoring ---> status history

While that page displays go to

setup ----> management packs -----> packs for this page

and tell me what it says. Especially if it says no packs are necessary or words to that effect.

Also if someone could do the same, but for a database target. I can do the latter, but it tells me the Diagnostics pack is needed. I thought status was part of the basic EM/GC package. Do you see the same or a message to the effect that no database packs are needed

From: Job Miller [jobmiller_at_yahoo.com] Sent: Monday, August 06, 2012 4:16 PM
To: MacGregor, Ian A.
Subject: Re: Monitoring Hosts in Cloud Control 12C

Ian,

Host CPU historical data and essentially the capabilities of the "host management pack" was something that was included with DB Diagnostics pack for the host that the DB lived on.