RE: Monitoring Hosts in Cloud Control 12C

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 17:47:48 -0700

I misunderstood what was being said about the database diagnostic pack and the host management pack (sic). If you have licensed the database diagnostics pack, you are also licensed for the system monitoring plug-in for hosts. Turning this plug-in off on the EM/GC 10.2.0.5 prevents one from viewing information such as CPU utilization over a designated time period. Turning off database diagnostics had no impact in my testing because the plug-in was left "on".

So perhaps I do have a bad configuration after all. I don't see any such plug-in for 12C? Does one exist, is it available through other means than the self-update feature? If there is no such plug-in, what has replaced it.

Oracle-l thinks this is spam.

Ian,

Host CPU historical data and essentially the capabilities of the "host management pack" was something that was included with DB Diagnostics pack for the host that the DB