Re: RMAN catalog question

From: Michael Dinh <mdinh235_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 09:58:13 -0700

RMAN Compatibility Matrix [ID 73431.1] provides a little more details. RMAN executeable <= target database (when backup 9i database, use 9i RMAN) Catalog schema >= RMAN executeable
Catalog database >=10.2.0.3 (note 1)

Based on the information, I would create the RMAN database and catalog using the latest and greatest release to ensure compatibilty.

-Michael
mdinh.wordpress.com