RE: EM 12c Agent Install - Windows

From: Peter Sharman <pete.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 11:24:59 -0700 (PDT)

Stephen

Following up yet again (you guys must be sick of me by now!)

A question for you - why are you checking the value of $TZ for the user cyg_server? When I was looking at the doco again this morning, it specifically says (cut and paste):

"Ensure that the time zones of the destination hosts have been set correctly. To verify the time zone of a destination host, log in to the OMS host, and run the following command:

ssh -l <install_user> <destination_host_name> /bin/sh -c 'echo $TZ'"

(Note: that closing double quote is not part of the command, just where I stopped copying from the doc)

Note the key phrase I'm asking about is "<install_user>" - cyg_server is an internal user created by ssh for privilege delegation and not used for agent install, so testing against that user may be leading us completely down the wrong path anyway.

Pete

Pete Sharman
Principal Product Manager
Enterprise Manager Product Suite
33 Benson Crescent CALWELL ACT 2905 AUSTRALIA Phone: +61262924095 | | Fax: +61262925183 | | Mobile: +61414443449

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not, it's much harder than that!"
Bruce Pihlamae, long term Oracle DBA

From: Peter Sharman [mailto:pete.sharman_at_oracle.com] Sent: Wednesday, 18 July, 2012 15:48
To: kellyn.potvin_at_ymail.com; Uzzell, Stephan; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: EM 12c Agent Install - Windows

I think Kellyn means ignoreSysprereqs which in fact is done automatically IIRC. Anyway, it's certainly listed as there in the error.

Some details might help:

  1. OMS/Agent OS and versions
  2. Is Cygwin installed on the agent?
  3. How are you pushing the agent out? Add Host ...?