RE: VLDB ASM & SAN Striping Question

From: Taylor, Chris David <ChrisDavid.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 08:00:15 -0500

Sve,

Thank you for that information. Very insightful. Mainly I'm planning for the future. Thinking about VLDBs and how to manage disks layouts based on what the Oracle docs had to say about the physical layout. Clearly the EVA series doesn't seem to allow this fine grained approach which is good to know but it's not really my focus as our databases are only approaching several hundred gigabytes per instance. But I wanted the information in case I happen to move into a shop where the databases are much, much larger.

Chris Taylor

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort."
-- John Ruskin (English Writer 1819-1900)

Any views and/or opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ingram Industries, its affiliates, its subsidiaries or its employees.