Re: SAP and HANA

From: Sriram Kumar <k.sriramkumar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 08:55:54 +0530

Hi,
There would be Traction for it among SAP customers for sure.

SAP HANA is also an Intel chip based appliance similar to Exa family but the hardware can be procured from Dell,IBM etc. Few noticeable features are

  1. Completely Inmemory (similar to Timesten)
  2. Columnar storage ( introduced newly in Timesten)
  3. Compression ( not sure if timesten supports but DB yes)

SAP HANA's pitch is that HANA stores data only once where as Exalytics store the same data in three layers ( DB , Essbase, TimesTen).

will have to wait and see if it be available for the ISV's to develop thier code or is going to be only for SAP applications

Best Regars

Sriram Kumar