High Number of undo writes

From: Purav Chovatia <puravc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 21:10:23 +0530

Hi,
We are running a workload on 2 different setups to compare performance. And we have some very unusual observations for exactly the same workload. There are a few differences between the 2 setups, but none of those are able to justify the difference.

I will provide more details later (sorry but got to leave), but one major difference is that setupA runs 10.2.0.4 whereas setupB runs 10.2.0.5. And the observation is that in B, the no. of writes to undo tablespace is comparatively very high (Av writes/s is 57 in A and 854 in B). Is this observed previously by anybody? There are other unusual differences but those seem to be because of these high undo writes.

Thanks.