RE: Question on Oracle Security Alert for CVE-2012-1675

From: Jeff Chirco <JChirco_at_innout.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 16:58:27 +0000

Well I know they don't have patch for Windows. I created an SR and I was told that I have to use the IPC method. I am still not fully understanding the issue nor what the IPC changes means for me.

Jeff Chirco | Database Administrator
o 949 509 6374
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Kumar Madduri Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 3:25 AM
To: oracle Freelists

Hi
Two notes are given for applying the fix for this alert (one for rac and another for non-rac). We dont use scan listeners on a 2 node rac. So after reading the note 1340831.1, I think the steps listed for scan listeners are not required (creating wallet and other steps that follow). In this case note 1453883.1
(for non-rac) is applicable for rac as well. I am going to re-read the notes again and raise SR if required but thought about checking with the list as well.

Thank you
Kumar

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed May 09 2012 - 11:58:27 CDT

Original text of this message