Re: Oracle SE on VMs

From: Toon Koppelaars <toon.koppelaars_at_rulegen.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 18:49:37 +0200

A couple of years ago, when I had to look into this, it was as follows: - you license the host server, not the VM's it runs. - so if your host has 4 sockets (don't care how many cores per socket), you just purchase one SE license for that host. - You can then implement as many VM's running Oracle SE as you like on that host.
I believe though that the host is not allowed to be part of a VM-farm. It should be in it's own farm. Otherwise you're going to have to count all cpu's in the farm.

But things might have changed...

--
Toon Koppelaars
RuleGen BV

(co)Author: "Applied Mathematics for Database Professionals"
www.rulegen.com/am4dp-backcover-text