Re: speeding up expdp

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 16:13:04 -0300

I would suggest benchmarking the NFS. If you have a file of similar size (you can create it on the fly, though) you can try copying the file directly from the database storage (which I'm hoping is SAN) to the target directory (NAS) and see the maximum throughput you can get. I've had some dealings with NFS and it can be astoundingly slow (something the database seems to hide well enough using the SGA but is a pain for massive io) hth
Alan.-

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 2:52 PM, Maureen English <maureen.english_at_alaska.edu>wrote:
not quoting this